Sunday, March 22, 2015

TAKE CARE O' U

_SAM3558
One of my biggest problems, with myself is that I expect too much. I expect people to do the same for me, the things I wouldn't even think twice about doing for them. The little acts of sacrifice of study time, or TV series time, walking for hours to get to their event, watching something that totally disinterests you but of course the other loves, or whatever. The worst is that I know I'd do it for the people closest to me and what's sad is that I do realise it.
I realise that most people have their heads screwed on right.
It's right & absolutely absolutely rational that you are selfish for yourself. It's so hard for me to accept it because I trust and rely on people so much it frightens me. I'm willing to look out for the wants/needs of others' and disregard my own every time (totally not trying to sound like I'm Mother Theresa at all, it's just that I get so overboard it's unhealthy).

When reality is that I should be selfish. I should say no to people if I have work, even if I tell myself I can always do it some other time, and I should just go to sleep when it's late or when, well I need the sleep! And ignore that little voice that says "it's aite, s/he needs you, an hour more, s/he'd do the same for you, you good it's all good".

No matter what it is, I think sometimes you just have to be selfish for yourself because in the end of the day your friends are not the ones carrying your overdue work or your lack of sleep on their shoulders. You're the one sitting for your finals and you're the one messing up.
So, it's okay to love but sometimes it's best to love you more.
I shall now quote a line between Kit and Vivian in Pretty Woman haha

"Take care of you" x

Till then
MM

No comments:

Post a Comment